Please READ following completely!
* This Widget connect to a Cisco VPN Server (PIX/ASA/…) or a Fritzbox by a single click!
* VPN Widget won’t work unless…
- You have a routed (jailbreaked, unlocked) phone
- TUN device available in kernel (CONFIG_TUN=y)
- This app+data installed on the phones internal memory (not on SD!!!)
- And placed on homescreen as widget (not as app!)
- ‘Superuser’ rights granted on request
* Forget it, if all this sounds scary – VPNC Widget just won’t work!!
* Installation and trouble shooting:
- Install VPNC Widget on homescreen as Widget – not as App!!
- Doubleclick widget to change preferences and checking prerequisites of phone (if doubleclick doesn’t work, start Vpnc Widget as an App)
- Give “Superuser” rights on request (start Superuser app to verify and use newest Superuser App in case of troubles)
- Never use automatic Taskkillers (it will interrupt the vpnc service!)
- Supports Pre-Shared-Key (PSK) only (no SSL certificates)
- supports only one user/server profile
- credentials incl. passwords are stored at the phone (but hidden for apps without root access)
- if the “advanced routing” kernel feature isn’t available, the VPN connection may be lost when the WiFi hotspot renews DHCP info (re-connect it by clicking Widget twice)
- Use this product absolutely at your own risk
- VPNC Widget is distributed on an “AS IS” basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, either expressed or implied
* Succesful tested ROMS:
- LeeDroid 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
- CyanogenMod 6.1.1
- Cognition 2.3v8
- JME Rotohammer(Galaxy tab)
-*) OxygeN-2.0-RC7 (Android 2.3, based on CM7 beta)
-*) CyanogenMod 7.0.x
- and many more…
*) works but misses Advanced Routing feature in kernel image (see Restrictions/Issues)
* corrected issue of release 1.14 when running on Android 2.3 devices (use “Check Preferences” when upgrading from 1.14)
* chmod dependency removed
* improved preference checking hopefully solving initial start problems
* change on dns restore bebaviour (now dns not restored when no default interface)
* improved assets file generation
* restrict maximum size of session log
* correct DNS restore when split-tunnel
* support for Fritzbox
If you want to be redirected to Google Play, press the button below.
Scan QR code by your phone to get exact URL to the widget page on the market. how to?