If you are going to buy one app, make sure it’s this one.
Gmail Widgets is the best collection of beautiful homescreen WIDGETS in a variety of sizes – from icons to full screen widgets – that show an unread count of email, SMS / text messages and calls as well as previews (sender, subject and content). It can aggregate messages from different sources into a unified (combined) inbox.
Until Android 3.0, the Gmail app does not come with any widgets. This app fills that gap.
The Gmail widget in 3.0 and later versions is unreliable and not customisable.
Unlike some of the other Gmail widgets on Google Play, this app works with the latest version of the Gmail app and is compatible with 2.2 (Froyo) and later.
It also includes some resizable, scrolling widgets for 3.0 (Honeycomb), 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich / ICS) and 4.1 (Jelly Bean / JB).
NOTE: The full functionality is only available on Android 4.0 and later.
– Supports push email – updates automatically when new mail arrives (it may not update immediately while you read mails)
– Previews – shows the first lines of the message in addition to sender and subject (depending on size)
– Supports different labels (e.g. Priority Inbox, Starred, and custom labels) from several accounts, even on the same widget (Unified Inbox)
– Customisable appearance through themes and icons
– Different sizes to choose from, including scrollable, resizable stack and list widgets for newer Android versions (not available prior to Honeycomb)
– Option to show unread SMS / text messages and missed calls
– When you perform actions on your new mail, these may not be reflected immediately, even if you refresh manually. The purpose of these widgets is to notify you of new messages as soon as they arrive.
– It may take up to 30 seconds for the widget to refresh the first time and after a reboot. During this time it may not look like anything is happening!
– On older versions of Android only a subset of the functionality is available.
If you can help us translate the app into your language, we will send you a copy of our next app for free before it is released.
Grab the widget from Google Play, click here.