“Car Widget” make easier and quicker access to phone feature during driving.
With this widget you can assign one or more screen on your home launcher to be dedicated for usage inside the car.
Unlike car home applications you still will have access to all other screens of your launcher
* 4×4 widget
* You can assign up to 6 shortcuts per widget
* 3 Skins: Glossy, Car Home, Metro (like Windows Phone 7)
* Includes a lot of customization options: background color
and opacity, font size and color, icons tint
* Replacement for “Car Dock” / “Car Home” applications.
* Apply custom icon and edit title of shortcut
Available shortcuts (can be expanded by installed applications):
* Direct dial (require CALL_PHONE permission)
* Direct message
* Directions & Navigation (Using Google Maps)
* Gmail label
* Music playlist
How to add:
On phone home screen press “menu”, then “add”, click on “widgets” and choose “Car Widget” from the list
Car Widget Pro version includes In Car mode:
detects when you inside the car and adjusts settings of your phone
In Car mode detection (possible to combine all of options):
* When power cable connected
* When headphones connected
* When bluetooth device connected
In Car mode actions:
* Turn on bluetooth
* Disable screen timeout
* Adjust screen brightness
* Adjust volume level of media
* On some devices you have option “Stay awake” (Under Settings -> Applications -> Development), you can enable it if your want to prevent phone from sleeping.
* Not all launchers allow to use phone in landscape mode, just replace yours with alternative one that supports it (like LauncherPro or ADW).
** SAMSUNG GALAXY S & ANDROID 2.2 **
(Copy from description of Beautiful Widgets)
There is a bug in the Samsung Update which prevent to save the settings file. You need to factory reset your phone. There is also a manipulation available for root users on XDA Developers. If you do not have problems, no need to reset your phone!
If you have any problem or suggestion, leave a comment.
-Fix FC in configuration screen
-Fix Home button using dock
-New option to set settings button to be transparent
-Pro version: option to set incar button to be transparent